16 February 2016

More than you can handle?

2/16/2016:
As I write this I ponder the world around me, advice I have been given and how I can change the chaos that surrounds me.
I can't, I can only control myself.

I have been through several life changing events within my entire life.

It's been said, "God will not give you more than you can handle" and "Everything happens for a reason". 

These two statements, are very powerful.

1 Corinthians: 10:13
Women's Devotional Bible (NIV)

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is Faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."



My interpretation: 
I believe this actual scripture involves temptation, not tribulations. 
I do believe things happen due to free will, succumbing to sin and leaving God, not putting him first and not thinking before acting or just being a victim of circumstance.  
Life is not fair. 
Life is more of a game than just black and white. 
Things happen, good and bad. 
Things happen to everyone. 
Rich, Poor, Old, New, Gay, Straight ect. 
Sometimes we survive and sometimes we do not. 
I believe that the way you handle yourself when going through a valley of despair ultimately determines your character. 
Humbling yourself and asking for help, praying, helping others, and living the Golden Rule will help move one from the valley back to the mountain. 

My second topic: 
"Everything happens for a reason." This actual quote was stated by Aristotle in his early years. 
"The well-known Greek Philosopher Aristotle, believed that everything happens for a reason, always. And that every experience in your life, was designed to shape you and reform you into the ultimate and greatest version, that could ever imagine yourself to be. The only thing that prevents this, is having the wisdom to see it."



We are all human, we all have free will and we all go through valleys and mountains. 
Try to think positive. 
Know that wherever you are in life, someone is doing worse than you. 
Be thankful. 
Send encouraging thoughts to someone else, this will refresh them and relieve your pain. 

My challenge to you: (pick 1 or many)
1. Buy someone a coffee today.
2. Pay for their newspaper
3. Send an actual piece of mail to someone, let them know you are thinking of them. 
4. Call someone and tell them you love them. 
5. Smile at someone. 
6. Let that person in front of you while you are driving. 
7. Smile at yourself. 
8. Make a funny face to a child. 
9. Put up trash on the road. 
10. Pass out homeless bags. 

Peace, love and happiness. 
DM

No comments: