28 December 2015

Good things come to those who wait.



Have you ever had one of those days, where you feel like the world is crashing, you can't find your balance and emotions run through your mind like birds flying south for the winter?

I have.
Numerous times. 
Lean on God. 
Ask for guidance. 



December 23, 2015:

I read Proverbs 23. 
Throughout the chapter I learned to give it to God, there is a lesson in this. Learning to give it to God. 
I am a fixer. I want things done on my own time. When I want them done. 
After reading this passage, I was completely amazed at the ignorance of me, I was amazed that regardless of what I am going through, God always has a plan.


I have been told to give my problems to God many times, to ask for guidance and open my heart. OK, I listen to pretty much every other word of what people say. Because well, my brain functions in this order:
what did I forget, let me look for _______ maybe it's outside.. Aw, how cute look at that squirrel, maybe I should make him a treat, What did I come outside for? I guess I'll feed the animals, we need more food, maybe I should make some more treats for the dogs, and the squirrels, what did I come out here for? Oh, yea my address book ( I walk to my car, slip and I fall, getting my clothing covered in mud. ) crap, I need to do laundry anyway. ( my car is locked) crap, need to go inside to get he keys, I may as well start a load of laundry, crap we are out of laundry soap, I need to run to the store to get more, wait I think I have a coupon for that, let me look.....




On December 23rd, I was feeling lost. 
I needed my feet on the ground and brain less filled with negativity. 
With my mind filled with "things to do" I decided it would be best to do a quick bible study. 
I opened up my Bible and turned directly to Proverbs 23. 
(31 chapters in the book of Proverbs, 28-31 days in a month coincidental? I think not.)
I was so emotionally drained and the problems within me, are fixable. I just needed mental clarity, a path, a sign.... Anything. 

After reading this specific chapter, I was amazed. I felt relieved and healed. Everything started to make sense. 
God is good. Everyday. God is good. 

Here's a list of my favorites for the 23rd. 

Proverbs:
4:"Do not wear yourself out to get rich;have the wisdom to show restraint."
9:"Do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words."
18: "There is surely a future for you, and your hope will not be cut off."
19:"Listen, my son, and be wise, and keep your heart on the right path."
29: "Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints?"

I also learned a very helpful prayer. This will become part of me. When I am anxious, worried, filled with self doubt or a situation beyond my control, (ultimately we cannot control any situation)

 I have decided this will be my go to prayer:
"Dear Heavenly Father,
Jesus stand beside me. 
Guide and direct my life. 
Teach me what I need to know. 
Help me with my work. 
Let me serve you and others, that I may be worthy of God's grace. Amen"

I'm not what one would call a "bible thump-er" nor do I push my beliefs on others. 
I'm a Christian, I do not attend church regularly because of my insecurities and past shuns. 
Alas, I am a believer. 
I believe there is a God, I believe in angels and I believe that everything happens for some reason or another. 
Everyone has a path, in one way or another we can change our path based on free-will. 
I also believe that God would never harm another just open the eyes of the sinner and point them in the right direction. 
Whether or not that person chooses to listen is on them. (Free-will)

I have Christian friends, friends that study Hinduism, atheist friends, friends that believe in evolution etc etc. 

Each have their own reasoning and believe what that wish due to whatever reasons. I admire that. 

Everyone needs something to look forward too. To lean on in times of need. 

My prayer is for those that do not have a higher power. 
Blessed are those that do not believe, blessed are those that hurt, blessed are those that are lost. 

Much love,
Danal the mom. 
XX OO
Peace, Love & Rock n' Roll. 


No comments: