7 Dumbass Trends I have observed with Teenagers.
April 22, 2016
Written by: Danalthemom
1. Cutting: this is dangerous. If you harm your body in any way to ease your emotional distress, you are in need of psychological help. Please call the national self-harm/ suicide hotline. (1-800-551-800) It's a confidential phone call. Self Harm in any manner does not make you cool. In fact it makes you more susceptible to many types of infections.
2. Eraser challenge: wtf? 🤔 Why do you want a permanent scar from a pencil eraser because you HAD to prove that you were cool enough to do it. Really. You are not cool, you are stupid for accepting a dumbass challenge.
3. Salt/ice: Are kids really doing this? Yes. seriously. This can also be referred to as a chemical burn. It hurts like hell. This only makes you cool when you touch the ice. Don't do this dumbass challenge.
4. Chain letters: it's annoying, stop sending stupid ass shit via email, Twitter, Instagram or whatever other means of communication that is chosen. -I'm not going to win a million dollars -get my legs cut off-be sent to Colorado for endless "Toke-a" parties- become a princess of India-be struck by lightening or inherit Bill Gates' estate. It's not happening.
5. Mine Craft: I am certain pixelated art is uber enlightening as well as that dumbass that posts videos on YouTube. Oregon Trail was educational as well on the late 80's lets reintroduce that game⁉️.
Can someone explain why this is a "learning game"?
Reading a book is also a "learning game". Usually it requires one to be able to read though....🖥📚
6. Hyper sexual everything: I remember when I was in middle school we didn't talk much about sex, only in health class and that was rare. It wasn't until High School did our generation become more sexually aware. Today, in 2016, turn your television on for 10 minutes, channel surf, how many messages that talk about sex, have sexual references, hidden messages. I logged 10 out of 15 commercials. Have you seen what girls are wearing today? Wow. Cover-up, don't be a slut.
7. Bullying: what happened to the good old days when people actually talked out issues?
Had a a small brawl, then became friends again. 🤕💪🏻
Now the kids have evolved into mini-demons picking, harassing, threatening, "ganging up on". Guess what?
No one is spared, not the cool kids, not the smart kids or the goth kids or any other "type".
Kids are bullied at school, home, the bus, on all forms of social media... ect ect ect. Wtf, is wrong with kids nowadays?
I will tell you.
We as parents, are no longer allowed to discipline our children, the way we were disciplined.
•Gone are the days where the dreaded "go pick a switch" was the ultimatum when wrongdoings were done.
•No more soap in the mouth for cursing or disrespect.⁉️
•No more sending a kid to bed hungry because he "doesn't like" what you made. 🍏🍆🍓🍳 •No more instinctive slaps to the cheek when profanities or disrespect spew out of a child's mouth. 😱All of these are now considered child abuse. 🤗🤔😡
•We can, of course, over medicate our children because they all have ADD or Bi-Polar disorder.
Mainly because we are too damn lazy to actually listen, respond and react to our children. We instead focus on ourselves, our needs and buy the love of our children...
Spoiling them with fast food 🍔🌮🌭
an endless supply or violent video games and consoles. 💻🕹.
Way to go USA. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
•America wonders why our mental health rates are rising along with obesity in children and lower test scores, must be the damn chicken. 🐔.•
Can you think of any others?
Let me know.